Chinese Visa


Project details

  • Date

     May 25, 2015

To obtain a Chinese visa, your passport must be valid for more than six months after the expected expiry date of your visa, with at least one blank visa page. For multiple-entry visas a longer validity period may be required. If you are planning to stay for an extended period of time it is advisable to register your passport with your embassy. If you lose your passport while in China this will make the process of getting a new one much easier. You will require some form of identification in order to get a new passport. ID cards with you photo may be useful as would an expired passport.
How to Apply?
You should present your passport, a completed visa application form (The People’s Republic of China Visa Application Form) and one recent passport photo (black and white or color) to your local Chinese embassy. Your travel agent may also be able to help you organize your visa. You should apply for your visa about one month before you intend to leave, although it should only take a week for your visa to be processed. Visas may be obtained more quickly but additional fees may be required. The cost of the visa will depend on your country and the length and type of visa you are applying for.
Contact your local Chinese Embassy/Consulate for more details.

Types of Visas

Tourists / family visit (L Visa)
For most tourists a single entry 30 day L Travel visa is appropriate.
Depending on the policy of your local embassy you may be able to obtain a 60 day tourist visa if you specify multiple cities to visit.
Once you are in China you may extend your visa for a maximum of 90 days (30day extensions).
To obtain a tourist visa you may be required to present a travel itinerary, airline tickets, or an invitation from relatives to be visited.
Additionally you may be required to provide actual airline tickets showing departure from China.
A single entry, or a multiple entry visa can be obtained.
Business / Official visit (F Visa)
In order to obtain a Business visa, you require an official invitation from a Chinese government department, Company or organizations that has received authorization from the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Only an official invitation accompanied by a letter from the company will suffice. An invitation that has not received the official "stamp" will not be accepted. You may apply for a single, double or multiple entry visa.

The applicant in Hong Kong,
Applicable countries Visa type
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Bulgaria, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Peru, Slovenia, Slovakia, Brunei, Japan, Canada, Paraguay, Uruguay, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, The United Kingdom, Brazil, Mexico, Romania, Bolivia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Chile, Panama, Poland, Ukraine L 14 /30days
L\M 3 months
1\2 entry
30 days/times

Q1, 1 entry, 30 days
Q2, 1 entry 180 days
Q2 1 or 2 entries, 90days/time
The United States (L\F 6 months multiple entry,30 days/times) L 14/30 days
L\M 3 months
1\2 entry
30 days/time

Q1, 1 entry, 30 days
Q2, 1 entry 180 days
Q2 1or 2 entries, 90days/time

Russia, India, Indonesia L 15days/1 entry
Austria, Belgium, The Czech republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Greece, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland (To deal with time is 4 working days)
L 14/ 30 days
L\M 3 months
1\2 entry
30 days/time

Q1, 1 entry, 30 days
Q2, 1 entry 180 days
Q2 1or 2 entries, 90days/time

(Process time is 4 working days) L3 months 2 entry, 30 days/time

Q1, 1 entry, 30 days
Q2, 1 entry 180 days
Q2 1or 2 entries, 90days/time

1, Documents for applying L-visa: original passport, one piece of 2-inch photo (blue/white background), “HK Landing slip” , personal information form;
2, Documents for applying M-visa: all the documents for L visa, The company invitation letter, a photocopies of the company's license with stamp.
3, Document for Q visa:
The applicant 1/ foreign passport holder, with Chinese appearance, birth place in China (mainland, HongKong , Macau or Taiwan): actual passport( over 9 months), a China visa at least within 30 days issued at outside of China, one piece of blue or white 2 inches colored photo.
a landing slip of HongKong, A application form, an invitaiton letter by relative and the inviter's ID copy.
The applicant 2/ foreigner: as applying L visa, 9 months over for passport. extra copies of marriage certificate, the spouse's ID copy, and spouse' invitation letter.

* Q1 visa holders must apply to the Public Security Bureau for a residence permit within 30 days of entering China.
* Q2, 1 entry, 180 days only available for the children or the elder of The applicant 1

1, No bad records. Current visa valid for over 1 day, passport valid for over 7or 9 months
2, Current L/F visa issued by Chinese border or in China are not allowed to apply; For Malaysia and Thailand passport holders, China visa issued by outside of China is required for applying new visa.
For US passport holder: For those who never been China before, apply 3 months visa with two entries on the first time. Only F, or those who possess over 3 months visa before can apply for 6 month, S visa.
For French passport holder: additional document is required: original travel insurance certificate (can be bought in HK HSBC Bank, ); 4 working days for the process

confirm visa solution with Silk Gate--> email the scans of passport--> sign agreement and pay--> leave for HongKong and submit documents ---> pick up the official collecting slip and visa and enter mainland of china from Huanggang or Luohu port(皇岗/罗湖口岸) (no matter which port for leaving afterwards)

Remark: Applicants from all the countries, S above need to be in HK in person and need to stay one night in HK. Please confirm your order at least one working day in advance.
Procedures: Submit documents at 9:00 or 12:00 on Monday to Friday in HK Hunghom or Sheungshui station, new visa can be obtained at 13.00 and 17.00 on the next day, , balance payment should be paid after get new visa
Resident (D Visa)
Applicants for resident visas must apply for residency by themselves or through their relatives in China.
The application for residency should be made to the local Entry and Exit Administration division of the public Security Department in China, so if you are applying by yourself you will probably have to travel to China to complete the application.
The process is quite complicated and lengthy, so if you are not completely familiar with China and the language, you would be well advised to gain the assistance of a local Chinese person.

1 year residence permit+2 years residence permit

( back home or not back home)

Please confirm with Silk Gate
Transit (G Visa)
A valid visa for the country of destination or an invitation, and an airline ticket/travel itinerary showing transit through China is required.
Student (X / F Visa)
Along with the visa application, you must provide an approved JW201 or JW202 (Foreign Student Visa Application Form) issued by the State Education Ministry of China, and an enrollment letter from the receiving university.
An F visa will be issued for those who study for less than 6 months, and X visa for those who study in China for longer than 6 months. Only single entry study visas are available.

Applicable countries

Visa type

available for all the citizen who have no bad record.

  • know the solution and accept the payment term
  • scanning passport main pages to confirm
  • sign Agreement and pay in advance
  • Silk Gate arrange the materials and process school documents
  • school confirm and issued the Official Notice
  • Silk Gate deliver Official Notice
  • leave for Hong Kong or back home for X2 180days/visa
  • get visa and enter china
  • email your visa page to Silk Gate for updates in school system

payment term:
  1. Pay full payment in advance
  2. If any refused case, our agent refund full payment.
  3. Fee includes the school fee and service, but no trip cost and visa fee.

Process time:
1-2 working days.

  1. Mostly citizen can apply X2 visa in Hong Kong.
  2. The visa officer will confirm again with school while the applicant submit application. and school will know the visa result.

X2 type
6 months & single entry, 180 days/ time visa
Working / Employment (Z visa)
Obtaining a work visa is quite a detailed process requiring approval from a number of Chinese authorities.
Your employer in China should visit the Labour Office to obtain appropriate application forms and instructions. It may take several weeks to get all the forms signed and sealed.
An official invitation from the government will be issued which must be taken to a Chinese embassy/visa office in a foreign country in order to obtain a working visa.
Once you arrive in China you will be required to register with several government agencies and the police department to obtain the official working and residence permit.
You may then continue working almost indefinitely given you have a contract with the company and regularly extend the relevant documents.
Note: For foreigners staying in China longer than one year must also submit a notarized health certificate as part of the working visa application.
This can be obtained within China or obtained overseas and notarized.
Details of the requirements can be obtained by contacting the local Chinese Labour Office.

The applicant in Hong Kong
Documents required Process time
  1. Companies employment proof (use company’s title letter, printed, , indicating company hire the applicant for working, position. with company stamp);
  2. The copies of business license and organization code certificate with company' stamp
  3. The original employment permit or representative card, the original health certificate
  4. The original notification form (consulate marked the name of the "Hong Kong")
  5. Original passport and one 2 -inches color photo,
  6. Company’s contact information: company name, detail address/telephone (use A4 paper printed, with company's stamp)

24 hours
Additional materials:
  1. The transportation proof of the round trip of China,
  2. The domestic , registration form of temporary accommodation,
  3. Original travel insurance booking or contract in China. 4 working days

For France
Procedures: Submit documents at 9:00 or 12:00 on Monday to Fri, day in HK Hunghom or Sheungshui station, new visa can be obtained at 13:00 and 17:00 on the next or the 5th working day, balance payment should be paid after get new visa.

1 year working visa
(returned home or not)
Please confirm with Silk Gate

1 year working visa
How to Extend Your Visa?
Theoretically you should be able to get an extension by simply visiting the Public Security office in any Chinese town, and filling out a visa extension form. However, Chinese visa officers can be remarkably pragmatic.
Depending on your luck it may simply involve filling out a visa extension application form, or they may demand some sort of "evidence" to support your application.
This may include a plane/train ticket, or a letter from a Chinese friend/company.
Some Public Security (Police) departments will require a letter explaining the reason for your wish to extend the visa.
You may have to gain the help of a Chinese friend to write a letter explaining the reasons for you extended stay in China. The process of applying for and extending visas is becoming a lot easier, but depending on where you go it can still be a confusing and frustrating experience.
Please note that a tourist visa is only extendable up to a maximum of 90 days, after which you must leave the country. The above information is only a guide.
Please contact your local Chinese Embassy or us for more details.
Share this


Do You Know That: The twelve animals in the Chinese zodiac are the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig, with each year represented by one of the animals. A full Chinese zodiac is twelve years. A complete calendar cycle is sixty years.


Send this to a friend